Thursday, August 16, 2007

The delectable French Quarter.

That's right, nearly nine months later, I bring you a sample of my tasty explorations of New Orleans. A little overdue, but well timed since the posts have begun to dwindle.

First off, we have the most delicious sampler I've ever had. It consisted of four regional dishes, 1. Gumbo 2. Jambalaya 3. Something with shrimp and rice and 4. Something with Red Beans... I wrote down their names, but I don't remember where because it was nine months ago. I DO remember that it was accompanied by some delicious fried and battered alligator (think: chicken strips but more exciting).

Next up was my first foray into the world of Oysters. My conclusion was that Oyster sauce = delicious, Oysters themselves = slimy. . My companion ordered turtle soup, and although I'm glad to have had the experience, the soup did not taste much different than spicy grass. Interesting yes, delicious? I think not.

I wish I had taken pictures of the world famous New Orleans Beniget. So fried and powdered and amazing.

That's my day in the French Quarter in a nutshell. Hope it titillated your tastebuds a satisfactory amount!

No comments: