Sunday, May 20, 2007

More Boring Day Projects

My most recent forays into the food world, as I impatiently await the start of my Obama gig and hopefully another paying deal...
Banana-flax seed bread.

Caribbean Sweet Potato Gratin

This thing was seriously an amazing flavor explosion--it has lime, cilantro, coconut milk, spinach, black beans, rice, sweet potatoes--a random medley, but a great one. There's also a great thyme-cornmeal crust baked on top. I only had orzo on hand so next time I think I'll use wild or brown rice, or maybe even arborio to get some added creaminess. This tasted great but didn't hold together as well as I'd hoped.

Karina invited me over for tabouleh and told me to make anything I wanted to go with it. I had three cans of beans on hand and some cilantro, so this dip-salad-thing happened. Pintos, kidneys, garbanzos, cilantro, bell pepper, tomatoes, cumin, thyme, and ground up yellow corn chips.

Ah, the makings for some great tabouleh.

It actually turned out massively delish, and we toasted some pita in the oven to go along with it. In the cute new condo. And we had wine. We are adorable.

No comments: