Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Learning to Jerk the Beef

I want to preface all of this by saying that any sexual-seeming innuendo herein should be taken at the most literal level possible. Because this entry really is about Blake showing me how to jerk beef.

First we made the marinades. His was sweet spicy garlic and involved quite a bit of brown sugar. Mine was Thai-Style with peanut sauce and hella ginger, sort of satay-inspired.

We let it marinate overnight then dried it in the morning and the results were spectacular. Blake's was a little too sweet for my taste, it kind of masked the beef. I like when you taste the purest beef flavor, it smelled so good when we were cutting it. Yeah, I realized I like the smell of raw beef. Does this make me sick? I'm such a carnivore.

It was pretty wonderful. My dog ate a bag of it. Next time, wine marinades, more oven time, and higher quality beef--daria and i plan to try flank.

-Linni, Oak Park IL

1 comment:

Taylor said...

holy cow that sounds delish