Sunday, May 6, 2007

Glazes, and Frostings, and Cakes- Oh My!

Fat Pack Member Taylor Feldman- newest of them all- broke in her right to bake as a year older by baking seventeen cakes for her seventeenth birthday.


Appropriate?



A generous portion more than not.


However, only a few Fat Pack members were there to actually experience them, so here the images remain for your viewing pleasure.





<--A traditional yellow Barbie cake.. as expected. Chocolate Bundt with Mountain Cream Frosting and Parlor Pecans.








Mini Red Velvet Bundt Cakes with White
Frosting and Bubble Sprinkles










Angel Food with Lemon Glaze and garnished with Lemon Zest




Texas Sheath Cake with Chocolate Pecan Frosting





<--Four Layer German Chocolate with Honey Almond Frosting and Toasted Coconut Three

Layer Carrot Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese and Walnut Frosting and much, much more

Wish you all were there to share! More cakes to come in the future
With Love and Adoration,
Fat-T :)

5 comments:

Linni said...

Ok, SO--a few things:

1. Welcome to The Fat Pack!
2. Happy Birthday!
3. Those red velvets look under-cooked in the best possible way--it looks like legit velvet cuz of the gooeyness.
4. I wish I'd known you were making carrot cake, I can categorically promise you that I have the recipe for the BEST carrot cake in the world in my possession--it's my mommy's.
5. Ditto, german chocolate. also my mom's.
6. Last, you said 17 cakes. There aren't 17 listed there. My curiosity is going out of control here.

Taylor said...

well my dear there were not pictures taken of all seventeen- to my dismay :(

Fat-T

Taylor said...

also, the red velvet was certainly not undercooked- in fact, we had made them earlier that week and had froze the cakes to keep them fresh, taking them out to thaw and then putting the frosting on then, kept them delicious- it was a icy enjoyable treat!

mal said...

i cannot believe you made 17 cakes, holy shit.

Linni said...

wasn't somebody's nickname 8 cakes at one point? wasn't that spage?

so tay is ol' 17 cakes now.