Tuesday, March 20, 2007

SB2K7: What I Made This Week

So, I cooked a lot over Spring Break. Here are some highlights--click on the pictures to see bigger versions, some of these are sort of small.

We grilled in Blake's backyard--blue cheese burgers from his northern butcher shop genius. They were out of this world, especially when served with Jack Daniel's mustard, which Daria and I ate by itself long after the burgers were gone. At this same barbecue, I decided to put bananas on top of cinnamon graham crackers with a burnt marshmallow in the middle. Daria said it tasted like banana bread. I made about 10 of those.

These are the grapefruit sandwich cookies I made. They are grapefruit sugar cookies with a grapefruit buttercream filling. I hope to one day make a cake using this model--a basic citrus cake, like a lemon cake recipe, but with grapefruit. and i can use the same buttercream from the cookies, cept maybe with a little cream cheese thrown in.

I had a lot of buttercream leftover, so I made a batch of digestive biscuits and put it on those.





I made truffled red wine risotto and stirred in some golden raisins and sunflower seeds!!!

contrary to popular belief, risotto is super fun to make and not actually a huge pain in the ass.






Nessa and I had leftovers at the Feldman house one night, and the dessert was skim ricotta with vanilla bean and splenda and berries. a texture like you wouldn't believe.

-Linni
Oak Park, IL

No comments: