Tuesday, April 17, 2007

An April Holiday Hodge Podge

So I was sick of looking at that MONTH OLD post about my cake. Seriously, if I clicked the link on my bookmark bar labeled fat pack and read the headline "clementine's first dance" one more time, i would have probably gone absolutley bizonkers and burned this place to the ground.

I was hoping to wait so someone else would post and I wouldn't be every other one, but whatever. I am gonna do a buncha posts with random collections of the food I've eaten over the past month. Yes, I've been holding out. I've been busy, but I finally had 15 minutes free and thought this would be a good use of my time.

There are a lotta pictures so i made them small, but as always, you can and should click on them to get the larger, detailed, mouth-watering image.

This was the AMAZING torta that Megan's mom made us for Easter brunch in Santa Ana. It had zucchini, squash, bread crumbs, gruyere, so many delicious things i don't even remember, grilled bell peppers...yummm

The spread--fruit salad, always better in CA, not to be a huge brat--broccoli spinach pie with wheat crust and chicken sausage that i could. not. stop. eating. Pumpkin pecan upside down cake and my contribution to the event--walnut bread with honey lemon glaze. Soooo moist.

This was the almond cake we had. It had almond extract in the cake, almond paste in the filling, and a cheesecake frosting dusted with--what else?--sliced almonds.

And finally, for Passover, we made matzo pizzas. This is seriously the easiest dinner you can make yourself--you put tomato sauce and cheese on it and whatever spices and veggies you want, nuke it for a minute, and voila! delicious. we also made dessert pizzas with this globular mix of cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla, which was amazing nuked or not.


Linni, CA

No comments: