Monday, January 29, 2007

Sowing Oats, Wherever I Go

[I am going to try to write a follow-up to Korlin's entry, even if hers might be the best one this blog will ever see.]

As if the classic PB&H weren't indivatice enough of my placement on the globe, let me tell you about my most recent foray into oatmeal goodness!

Last night, I left my dorm for the first time since in 48 hours to brave 21 Choices, possibly the best frozen yogurt shop you will ever encounter. They had a flavor called Oatmeal Cookie once but I missed it, so I asked my friendly mixer to recreate it for me. It was french vanilla frozen yogurt, blended with cinnamon, cookie dough, and granola. And it was divine in every imaginable way.

Speaking of granola, and because no picture of last night's dessert exists, I am going to show you a picture of this granola from Bittersweet that I bought in the company of Mallory's lovely Jerome! It was the best granola I have had that I can remember. [I also got to try the best and only eggnog cheesecake I've ever had on that same trip to Bittersweet.]

For those of you out-of-towners, Bittersweet is a bakery in Chicago, classy yet homey and always delicious, much like the type I'd love to own someday.

-Linni
Los Angeles, CA
[though 21 Choices hails from Pasadena and also has a Claremont location]

No comments: